Thursday 9 April 2015

Home

The streets of Delhi were pretty quiet at 6am as we left for the airport.



I was pretty resigned to the fact that my holiday was over at that stage. 

It was goodbye to Tarun just outside the airport as only travellers are allowed into the airport at Delhi... You actually have to show your ticket to get in.

The Singapore Airline staff were doing manual  checkin as a training exercise in case the computers went down so I was pleased I had done online checkin the previous night.

It was an uneventful trip home and lovely to see family and my dog. But it's all over now.

Thanks to TomTom who took us into some really interesting places .... It was hard to believe some of them were even mapped.

But most of all thanks to Adventure Holiday Tours (well named) and Tarun Sharma. We travelled together for 4 1/2 weeks and nearly 6000 kms and I enjoyed every single moment of it. If someone asked me to describe India in two words I think I'd say 'diverse' and 'addictive.' I have no doubt I'm addicted . I think that the people you travel with can make or break your trip. I have been very lucky in that my first trip was with a great group of people and an excellent guide, Anant who lit the fire for me. Then I was exceptionally lucky to find Tarun who turned a small fire into a raging bonfire.

If any one is thinking of going to India contact Tarun.... You won't find better.
You can contact him at :

tarunsharma.delhi@yahoo.com

You will find some reviews here

 http://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/Attraction_Review-g304551-d4992274-Reviews-or10-Adventure_Holiday_Private_Day_Tours-New_Delhi_National_Capital_Territory_of_.html#REVIEWS

He's very approachable and will be happy to arrange a trip for you or answer questions you may have . I know he's particularly keen to go up to Ladakh on motorbikes if that appeals to you.

I hope you have enjoyed my blog and it's made you interested in going to India. I never ever imagined that it would grow so big .... there have been thousands of views now from all over the world . I have appreciated the emails you have sent me commenting on it.

Any questions please just ask. My email address is:

nazusw@gmail.com

Watch out for Trip No 4 next year :-)

1 comment: